There are a lot of woman in my life who I see as butterflies. Beautiful and spreading their wings to their highest self.
There are also a lot of beautiful caterpillar woman in my life. Full of beauty and full of magic. But they don’t see the beautiful transformation that is coming ahead for them. They are stuck in a cloud of their own patterns, thoughts, and beliefs.
If only they could see the whole sky around them, and the other clouds that are vacant for them to fly to. If only they could believe that they are worthy of fly to these different places.
I feel like we can all relate to being the caterpillar woman. Stuck inside our own minds- full of fear, clutter, and self-doubt. We worry instead of moving ahead. We fret instead of letting go.
What would happen if you let go?
What would happen if you let yourself transform?
What would happen if you took the first step forward towards your growth?
I believe beautiful things will happen.
Of course, there are many things that set us back from taking the first step forward and bringing change into our lives.
In the past, I have let so many things hold me back. I still do honestly, and that’s okay. I am on a journey to my inner self, and it’s never easy or quick. It’s a very long drive.
THINGS THAT STOP US FROM TRANSFORMING
- Anxiety about past situations
- Lack of self-love or self-appreciation
- Fear of what people will think of you
- Fear of change and changing routines
- Being close-minded
- Negative self-talk
If any of the above jumps out at you, and you think it could be possibly setting you back; write it down and study it. For example; if self love is stopping you from changing, you could look up on Pinterest self love quotes, or watch a video about self-love tips, or you could write in your journal everything you think about the subject (let it all out sister!).
HOW TO LET GO OF THE OLD
- Write down in your journal everything that you want to let go of: emotions, beliefs, experiences, relationships, etc. The first step is always acknowledging what is going on and realizing that you need to change a few things in your life.
- Let go of the feeling of caring what people may think. Just know that everyone around you has their own fears and struggles, and they will most likely have no clue what you’re going through, and a lot of people may surprise you and be very supportive.
- Let go of the feeling of expectation. We bring ourselves down too much because we have this perfect goal in our head that we need to achieve in a certain amount of time. Don’t expect too much, and let life surprise you.
- Go through your old schoolbooks, journal entries, notes and reminders and throw away all the stuff that no longer has any value to you. Even journal entries (it’s a great feeling!).
- Digital detox: delete old pictures, screenshots, notes, contacts, and music. Also, unfollow anyone on social media that you no longer align with.
- Write a letter to all of the people who have affected you in your life in a negative way. Maybe it’s an ex-boyfriend, or it could be the girl in fifth grade who pushed you over in the playground. Let out all your emotions. Write down the way it made you feel and why. Then don’t send it and discard it.
- Write a letter to your younger self. Forgive yourself for all the heartache you have given yourself. Bringing yourself down, telling yourself you were unworthy and ugly, and could never be like ‘them’. Let it alll out. Tell yourself all the things about yourself that you love. This is a wonderful act of self-love. Make sure you keep this letter to look back on when you’re feeling down, or scared during the transition.
- Perform a full moon cleansing ritual. Read this blog post here and I explain (and even vlog) all about it! Full Moon rituals are performed with the intention of letting go of old things to attract the new and good things into your life- think mind, body, and soul.
- Create your own cleansing/letting go ritual that is more ideal for you. Maybe it’s a pampering bath, with some relaxing music and meditation. Or it could be a walk in nature alone with no technology and walking off all our past!
The following worksheet is a questionnaire I have created for the people who need a bit more guidance in letting go:
One of my favorite things to experience in life is watching my loved ones grow and blossom into their lovely selves. Seeing someone change their life is truly amazing to witness.
It’s not going to be easy though.
You may experience regret, discomfort, awkwardness, fear of the unknown and some days unmotivated. But this is all normal.
The best thing you can do is hang in there, have faith that everything will work out, have support from your loved ones and not put yourself down on the bad days; keep telling yourself it’s okay and keep affirming “Change is coming, I am blossoming”.
And most importantly of all, embrace the growing/blossoming/ripening stage of your life. Embrace every minute of it even if it’s not going the way you imagined yet. Just like a green plant before the blossom in Spring and before the ripening in Summer, know that great things take time and something wonderful is on its way.
It’s time to step up and be the butterfly that you have always wanted to be. Use your wings, use your eyes, use your soul and soar high to the great magic waiting for you. I’ll meet you there.